OFFICIAL RULES OF INSTAGRAM “SUMMER CITY STORY” PHOTO CONTEST
The #hotello.de contest (the “Contest“) is provided by H’Otello ( the “Sponsor”).
The contest is open only to users who have reached the age of majority according to the law of the state in which they reside. Excluded from eligibility are officers, directors, employees, volunteers, agents and representatives of H’Otello. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE CONTEST. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
ACCEPTANCE OF RULES:
Participation in the Contest constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Contest Rules (the “Rules“), as may be amended by H‘Otello at its sole discretion. Winning a Prize (as defined below) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
The Contest commences at 18:00 AM (CET) on 3rd June, 2016 and, subject to these Rules, concludes at 23:59 PM (CET) on 31st Jule, 2015 (the “Contest Period“).
- To participate in the Contest, users must have an Instagram account. At the time of writing, there are no fees associated with the creation of an Instagram account.
- Users are encouraged to take Instagram photos or videos of the H’Otello and share each image using #Tsummercitystory. Eligible photo subjects may include but are not restricted to H‘Otello festivals, events, attractions, outdoor activities, neighborhoods, landmarks, dining & shopping, etc.
- To identify their participation in the Contest, applicants must claim one valid photo or video on the contest application and complete the entry form (including accepting these contest rules). After claiming one photo, all future photos tagged with #summercitystory by the registered user will be automatically entered into the contest.
- Only Photo Submissions which include the hashtag #summercitystory in the description may be claimed in order to enter the Contest. Photo Submissions must be original work and not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of a third party (including copyrights, trademarks, or rights of privacy or publicity). H‘Otello retains the sole discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes contains obscene, insensitive or inappropriate content, and that does not comply with these official Rules or is not consistent with the spirit of the contest.
- Incomplete entries or submissions received after the expiry of the applicable Contest Period will be considered null and void and ineligible to win any prize from this Contest Period.
- There is no limit to the number of Photo Submissions a participant may provide.
SELECTION OF WINNERS:
The Winner (will be selected by the Sponsor from the pool of eligible photos submitted during the Contest Period. In determining the Judging Criteria, the Sponsor may consider the quantity of “likes” and comments associated with a Photo Submission, but the number of “likes” or comments will not determine the winning submission. The Sponsor will attempt to notify Prize Winners via email and social media. If after exercising reasonable efforts, H’Otello cannot reach a participant within 48hours from the first attempt to contact them, H‘Otello will be free of any liability and may forfeit the prize.
H’Otello its authorized agents and/or representatives may collect, use, and disclose the personal information provided by each entrant at the time they enter the Contest for the purposes of administering the Contest and Prize fulfillment. By entering this Contest, each entrant expressly consents to the use of their personal information for such purposes.
H‘Otello reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any participant from the Contest if H’Otello finds or reasonably believes such individual to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or where applicable, the Contest Page; and/or to be acting: (i) in violation of these Rules; (ii) in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or (iii) with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass H’Otello or any of their respective employees, any other participants, or any other person. Any attempt by a participant or other individual to automate the entry process, or otherwise, undermine the legitimate administration, security or operation of the Contest, is a violation of criminal and civil laws. H’Otello reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Participants engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified and will forfeit any Prizes won.
The decisions of H’Otello in regards to all matters of the Contest are final and binding upon participants. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of the rules of the Contest or any decision rendered by H’Otello, the decision or interpretation of H’Otello shall prevail.
Participants agree that upon submitting a Photo Submission, H’Otello shall have an unlimited, irrevocable perpetual license to publish, distribute, publicly perform or display, post electronically, create derivative works from, or otherwise reproduce in any manner the participant’s Photo Submission in any media whatsoever, including, without limitation, in connection with the H’Otello’s social media websites, and photostreams anywhere in the world, without further payment or notice for the purposes of H’Otello ’s advertising, marketing, promotion, and/or journalistic, archival, historical, internal and external recognition activities. Each participant waives all moral rights in and to the Photo Submissions.
All participants must comply with applicable laws.
Any entry that is illegible, incomplete, altered, or contains false information, is invalid.
Contestants acknowledge that H’Otello, and all involved advertising and promotional agencies, other suppliers providing Prizes or other materials or services in connection with this Contest, anyone else involved in the development or execution of this Contest (e.g. SEEN DIGITAL MEDIA, INC., Instagram), each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees“) have not made, -nor are in any manner responsible, for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to, its quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Further, no responsibilities are accepted by any of the Releasees for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing, or acts of any government or authority.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT HEREBY RELEASES AND HOLDS HARMLESS ALL OF THE RELEASEES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, INJURIES, LOSS, CLAIMS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (I) PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST; AND/OR (II) ACCEPTANCE, USE, MISUSE OR NONUSE OF ANY PRIZE OR PARTS THEREOF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LIABILITY FOR DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, DAMAGE OR LOSS OF ANY KIND, LOSS INCURRED DURING TRAVEL TO/FROM, AND/OR ATTENDANCE AT, ANY OF THE EVENTS FORMING PART OF THE PRIZES AND FROM LIABILITY TO ANY OTHER PERSONS RELATING TO OR RESULTING FROM ENTERING THE CONTEST.
Notwithstanding any other provision contained herein, H’Otello reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, amend, cancel, suspend, reinstate or close the Contest, at any time in whole or in part without prior notification, and for any reason whatsoever.
The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or otherwise associated with, Instagram or Facebook. Participants are providing their information to H’Otello and not to Instagram or Facebook.